Creamy broccoli soup with feta and fried basil
- 700–800g broccoli.
- Fresh basil leaves (at least 6 per person).
- Olive oil.
- 250ml fresh cream.
- 250ml vegetable stock.
- Salt and black pepper 짱구 브금 다운로드.
- Cut the broccoli into smaller florets.
- Steam for about 20 minutes (until just tender).
- Meanwhile, shallow fry the basil leaves (take care, they sputter!
- Remove the basil from the hot oil and drain on paper towels.
- Combine the cooked broccoli, fresh cream and vegetable stock.
- Using a liquidiser or stick blender, liquidise the ingredients until the soup reaches the consistency you prefer (add more or less stock).
- Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Garnish with lots of crumbled feta and fried basil leaves.
Super simple, very green soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 white or yellow onion, chopped.
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced.
- 2-3 tsps minced ginger (to taste).
- 2 medium yellow potatoes peeled and roughly chopped (about half a kilo).
- 1 tsp salt.
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth.
- 2 heaped cups broccoli stems or florets, chopped asparagus, chopped baby bok choy, or roughly chopped zucchini.
- 4 cups tightly packed, roughly chopped kale, Swiss chard, beet greens, or spinach.
- 1 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk (or ½ cup cashew cream).
- Black pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion. Sauté onion for 5 minutes, or until it’s clear and soft. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute, or until the garlic is very fragrant.
- Add the potatoes, salt, and broth to the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Add the broccoli (or other vegetables).
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the kale or other leafy greens, cover, and simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until the kale is bright green and wilted.
- Transfer the soup to a blender in batches to puree thoroughly, adding water as needed if the soup is too thick (remember: you’ll also add some soy or almond milk after blending). Return the soup to the pot and stir in the plant milk and black pepper to taste, as well as a pinch of salt. Serve with toppings of choice.
- Keep soup in an airtight container. It can be frozen for 2-3 weeks.
Immune-boosting green soup
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- ½ chopped onion.
- ½ chopped leek.
- ½ cup frozen peas.
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger.
- ½ head of broccoli, chopped. Discard the stem.
- 3 handfuls of fresh kale or spinach (60g).
- 400 ml tin coconut milk.
- 3 cups water or vegetable broth.
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder.
- 1 tsp sea salt.
- Ground black pepper to taste.
- 4 tbsps nutritional yeast.
- The juice of half a lemon.
- Place all the ingredients in a pot, except the nutritional yeast and the lemon juice.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender, add the yeast and the juice and blend until smooth.
- Serve the soup in a bowl and add your favourite ingredients on top.