You don’t have to skip meals if you’re running late; here are 5-minute, wholesome and healthy recipes to keep you full while you’re on the go touchen nxkey.
Breakfast in 5 minutes
Cinnamon-pecan “baked” breakfast apple
- 1 large or 2 small-medium sweet apples, cored and sliced
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon, plus more to sprinkle on top
- 4 tbsp low fat yoghurt, any kind you like
- 2 tbsp pecans, toasted and chopped
- Stir the chopped apples, water, and cinnamon together in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave until the apples are tender.
- Use potholders to remove the bowl, then top with the yoghurt, pecans, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Lunch in 5 mins
Microwave 4-minute BBQ chicken nachos
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 3 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 large handfuls whole-wheat tortilla chips
- ¼ cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Guacamole, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
- Mix the chicken with the barbecue sauce, then spread evenly over a bed of tortilla chips.
- Spread the salsa, cheese, and green onions evenly on top, then microwave for about 1-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Dollop with some guacamole and sour cream..
Dinner in 5 minutes
- 2 medium whole-wheat tortillas
- ½ cup chicken strips or shredded chicken, cooked
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- ¼ cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- Microwave the tortillas on a plate until slightly crispy. They will dry out a bit as they cool.
- Mix the chicken, peppers, and taco seasoning in a bowl until evenly combined, then cook for about 1-2 minutes until the peppers are soft.
- Spread the mixture evenly on one tortilla, cover evenly with the cheese, and then top with the other tortilla.
- Cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute, slice and enjoy.