Forget the fatty lamb chops and greasy wors 윈드슬레이어 다운로드. Hosting a healthy braai is possible. Try these tasty, low-calorie recipes.
Juicy beef burgers
- 400g beef fillet
- 200g pork mince
- 1 slice of stale bread, made into breadcrumbs
- 1 large handful of basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Black pepper
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- Fry the onions and garlic in some olive oil until lightly browned.
- Dice the beef and put it into a bowl big enough to hold all of the ingredients.
- Add the pork mince, bread crumbs, basil, egg, coriander powder, allspice powder, some salt and pepper, and the cooled browned onion and garlic. Mix well with your hands.
- Wash your hand and pour a little olive oil into your palms. Once your hands are well-coated with the oil, roll a handful of the meat mixture into a ball. Pat smooth and then flatten into a patty.
- Place the patties onto a tray and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Light a fire or stoke up your gas braai and chargrill the patties.
- Serve on lightly toasted hamburger rolls with fresh lettuce and a slice of tomato, or choose the healthier option: replace the buns with the mushrooms below!
Mexican spice-rubbed chicken
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried red chillies
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds, roasted
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds, roasted
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- Grind all the spices until well-blended. Combine with the olive oil and lime juice.
- Rub the chicken breast with the mixture and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Place the chicken on an oiled grill and cook for about 20 minutes, or until tender and juicy.
- Remove from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Ginger prawn kebabs
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon and 1 lime
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 16 king prawns, deveined with shell intact
- 8 small brown onions, peeled
- 8 peppadews
- Whisk together the oil, garlic, ginger, citrus juice and zest. Season to taste.
- Thread the prawns, onions and peppadews onto skewers. Place the kebabs in a baking dish and pour the ginger mixture over. Let it marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Place the kebabs on the braai. Turn and baste with the marinade occasionally, until lightly charred and cooked through (about four minutes).
- You should have eight delicious kebabs.
Cheesy pesto grilled mushrooms
- 6 large black mushrooms.
- Italian cheese sprinkle.
- 90ml olive oil.
- Basil pesto.
- Wipe the smooth tops of the mushrooms with a damp cloth.
- Season on the stem side with Italian cheese sprinkle.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the gills.
- Spread a generous tablespoonful of basil pesto over the gills.
- Place the mushrooms, stem side up, on the braai and cook slowly until done.
- Enjoy as is, or use as replacement for buns, and create a bun-less burger with the beef patties! Delicious.