Many effective treatments exist for persisting headaches, including over-the-counter medication, biofeedback, injections and implants, depending upon the precise type of headache. Botox also provides a useful means of effectively and safely treating headaches. Try these useful tips the next time you experience a headache!
- Apply an ice pack to the painful area of your head. Try placing it on your forehead, temples, or the back of your neck.
- Take a warm bath or shower; a nap, or a walk.
- Ask someone to rub your neck and back, or treat yourself to an aromatherapy massage.
- Apply gentle, steady rotating pressure to the painful area of your head with your index finger and/or thumb. Maintain pressure for seven to 15 seconds, then release. Repeat as needed.
- Sit or lie quietly in a low-lit room. Close your eyes and try to release the tension in your back, neck, and shoulders.
- If you have excessive muscle contractions in the neck, physical therapy exercises performed daily could also be helpful.
Have you downloaded the new Hello Doctor app? It’s FREE. Simply sign up on our website, and download the app from the Google Play or iTunes store. With the app, you can talk to, or text our doctors, anytime, anywhere!