This is real comfort food! The dish takes very little time to prepare and stays in the oven for quite a while, so you can throw it together and forget about it.
- 800g baby marrows
- 1 onion, roughly sliced
- 1 handful thyme sprigs
- 1 garlic bulb, cloves peeled
- Salt and pepper
- 100g butter, cut into pieces
- 250ml (1 cup) cream
- Preheat the oven 150⁰C.
- Cut the baby marrows into quarters down the middle.
- Put the onion, baby marrows, thyme and garlic in a casserole or lasagne dish – season with salt and pepper. Mix together well, then compact the vegetables by pushing down on them
- Dot the top of the dish with pieces of butter and pour the cream over.
- Bake in the oven, uncovered, for about 1½ hours. Serve hot.
Top tip: To make this even better, sprinkle a layer of grated cheese on top of the baked dish and slide it under a hot grill to make a cheesy crust.
Source: You Magazine Low-Carb on a Budget insert – Tim Noakes recipes developed by Jonno Proudfoot and David Grier