Instead of sitting under a blanket & eating junk food, why not get warm by burning calories to get you in shape for summer! Pinocchio ost download? We’ve put together a workout plan to help you burn calories without having to leave your home!
The couch potato workout
Don’t those constant ads during your favourite show annoy you? You probably get up to get another snack when they come on…but while beating that enemy, you’re gaining another: Calories!
Why not try the ‘couch potato’ workout during ad-breaks? It’s convenient and will help you burn off that extra chocolate bar you ate earlier.
- push-ups to strengthen your chest – 2 sets; 12 reps
- Sit-ups to target your abs – 2 sets; 15 reps
- Squats to tone your thighs and glutes – 2 sets 12 reps
After the 1 hour episode, you’ll have done this work out 4 times! Take a look in the mirror in the morning, bigger guns, tighter glutes already! Check your TV guide to schedule your next work out!
Blow up your triceps!
7-time Mr Olympia, Arnold Schwarzenegger, is known for having some of the most defined triceps. How did he do it? He didn’t use any fancy equipment – just an elevated, flat surface such as a chair. This exercise is called tricep dips – according to him, it’s one of the best exercises to blow up your triceps!
- The great part about this exercise is that you can use almost any raised, flat and sturdy surface in your home such as a chair.
- Put your hands on the edge of the seat, with your arms straight.
- Put your feet just less than shoulder-width apart and make sure your bum is in front of the seat. Lower yourself until your elbows are parallel to the floor and repeat.
- Remember: your tricep takes up two-thirds of your arm (the bicep is one-third.) Toned triceps will give you the width and mass that you want.
Uncover your 6-pack!
Even though it’s winter, you still want to be able to fit in your favourite beachwear when summer hits, don’t you? It’s time to blast your core and it’s so much easier than you may think!
Lying down leg-raises: This is a simple exercise that will target your lower abdominal muscles, the final two pieces to create that toned 6-pack. These are the most difficult to get – so never give up! If you want it, earn it!
Lie down flat on your back
- Keep your legs straight along the ground
- Lift them slightly off the ground and hold this position for 30 seconds
- Keep your stomach tense as you’re doing this
- Try and complete 5 sets of 30 seconds each
Advanced move: Lift your legs a bit higher off the ground and lift your head off the floor as well. Put your hands on your temples to keep your head steady.
Suck in that gut
Munching on winter comfort food may taste good, but it’s only going to inflate your gut. The weather may be cool, but what are you going to do when you don’t fit in your board-shorts next summer?
The combination of these 2 exercises will definitely make your core burn and if you’re consistent, you should see and feel a tighter core within 3 weeks. These exercises can be done at the same time! Let’s go!
- Get on your knees, lean forward and rest on your forearms so that they are parallel to the ground.
- While resting on your forearms, move your legs back, resting on the balls of your feet (the starting position of a push-up)
- Keep your back straight, tense your stomach and hold
Adding in the stomach vacuum…
- While performing the plank, take a deep breath in…
- Blow all of the air out and tense up your stomach as if you were trying to make your abs touch your spine!
- Hold for as long as possible – aim for 30 seconds
- You will feel the ‘pump’ going through your abs
- Aim to do this three times, every time you perform a plank
Now, you’ve got no excuse to avoid working out during the winter months…and you’ll be ready for beach season, without having left home. All you need now is to regain that tan!
Source: Fitness Magazine