The basic principles of healthy eating remain the same for when you are pregnant, viz switch firmware 8.1.0. include plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein and supplements, such as folic acid, found in broccoli.
Broccoli and cheese soup
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ medium onion – chopped
- 1 medium potato – peeled and diced
- 2 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup cheddar cheese – grated
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add broccoli, potato and chicken broth.
- Raise heat to high and allow to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the broccoli and potato soften (about 7 minutes).
- Let broccoli mixture cool slightly then transfer to a blender or food processor.
- Pureé until smooth.
- Return soup to saucepan, add buttermilk and ¼ cup cheese.
- Cook soup over low heat until cheese melts (do not allow it to boil) (about 3 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour soup into bowls
- Top each with remaining cheese.