During pregnancy, extra protein is very beneficial free picture.
Chicken salad wraps
What you need:
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 x 15 cm flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded butter lettuce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (340g)
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup grated carrots (2 medium)
- 2/3 cup chopped spring onions (1 bunch)
- 2/3 cup slivered fresh mint
- Whisk lemon juice, sugar, garlic and crushed red pepper in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until softened and heated through. Keep warm.
- Combine lettuce, chicken, tomato, carrots, spring onions and mint in a large bowl. Add ? cup of the dressing; toss to coat.
- Set out the chicken mixture, tortillas and the remaining dressing for diners to assemble wraps at the table. Serve immediately. Serves 4.