This kale salad recipe isn’t just a tasty low-fat dish, it’s also loaded with essential vitamins and minerals.
- ½ large bunch of kale, washed, stems removed, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil with the curry powder, cumin, and honey. Mix well.
- Add the almonds and toss to coat, before spreading in a single layer on one third of a baking sheet.
- Place the olives across the middle one-third and the red peppers on the remaining one-third.
- Roast for 10 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Place kale in a salad bowl and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss leaves to coat them.
- Add the feta cheese, roasted peppers, roasted almonds, and roasted olives to the kale; toss and serve.
- Serve the salad on its own or as a side dish for chicken or fish.