While there’s no magic way (unfortunately) to instant muscle-tone and improved fitness, there are loads of fun ways to help you reach your health goals Resident or download. Between these 6 dance work-outs, there’s certainly something to suit your tastes.
- Zumba, one of the most popular dance workouts, is high intensity, fun and great for burning calories. Zumba works to tone up abs, your bottom and thighs, and it is an excellent form of aerobic (cardio) exercise.
- Belly dancing helps to improve concentration, balance, flexibility and posture. And, because it has minimal impact on the joints, belly dancing is an effective dance workout that people of all ages can enjoy.
- Hip Hip/Street Dancing is a fabulous all-rounder work-out. This high energy dance form uses all areas of your body, and improves balance and strength, and gives your abs a good workout.
- Samba is another fantastic total body work out. It strengthens and tones inner thighs, calves and hamstrings.
- Flamenco is sexy, aerobic and vigorous, and it works all major muscle groups, focusing on flexibility, co-ordination, and strength. It also works the abdomen, while toning your glutes (bum) and leg muscles. All in all, it’s an excellent form of aerobic exercise.
- Pole dancing increases flexibility, improves posture, and gives you a general tone-up. It also increases upper body strength while burning calories – just like a proper gym work- out.
So, grab your dancing shoes – and a partner – and get moving!