A good lunch/light supper for two people, or a delicious snack when the rain has everyone stuck indoors SuperBad 3! These nachos take less than 20 minutes to throw together, and you probably have most of the ingredients in your cupboard. Also, this vegetarian dish is a versatile snack for any get-together. So, pick up a ripe avocado, some sour cream and a bag of corn chips on your way home.
What you’ll need:
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- I tsp chilli flakes or chopped fresh chilli
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp brown sugar, to taste
- salt to taste
For serving you’ll need: guacamole (mashed avocado seasoned with salt, pepper and a little lemon juice), sour cream, some finely chopped spring onion and fresh coriander and a bag of corn chips
- Use a medium-sized pot
- Heat to medium-high heat, and add the olive oil and garlic
- Fry until light golden, then add the tomatoes immediately to prevent garlic from burning.
- Add the beans, and stir in the cumin and chilli.
- Turn the heat down to medium, and allow the bean mixture to reduce and thicken slightly – about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Taste, and add salt and brown sugar as needed.
How to serve:
Lay the corn chips on a flat platter or serving dish, and top with the bean and tomato mixture. Now spoon the guacamole and the sour cream over the bean layer. Sprinkle chopped coriander and spring onion over the top to finish and tuck in!