You’ve just got home and you can’t wait to take off your new pair of heels – they’re gorgeous, but your feet aren’t happy that you’ve spent the whole day “wearing them in.” So, give them some love after a hard day’s work – after all, they carry you every step of the way middle school English textbook! Here are our quick fix tips for relieving tired and aching feet.
Here are our quick fix tips for relieving tired and aching feet:
- Soda Water: Soaking your feet in plain carbonated water is very refreshing. Admittedly, it’s not a cheap every-day solution, but it’s great for emergencies
- Simply soaking your feet in a basin of warm water for 10 minutes help relieve aches and pains
- For tired feet, up the ante by adding 2 tablespoons of Epsom salts to your basin of warm water. Just be sure to rinse your feet afterwards and moisturise them.
- Use olive oil or lotion as a massage for tired feet. Rub it into the soles of your feet and apply gentle pressure with your thumb to any sore areas.
Some “do’s and don’ts” when it comes to your feet
- Don’t ignore persistent foot pain, it could be a symptom of a more serious condition
- Do maintain a healthy weight. The more excess weight you carry, the more strain you put on your feet, and the more pain you’re going to feel
- Don’t stand for long periods of time if you can avoid it, especially on hard surfaces. Foot pain is often muscle fatigue caused by standing, so take the weight off, and sit down for ten minutes.
Take look at the types of shoes you wear
Even if you’re absolutely in love with your sky-high heels, you’d do well to give your feet a break every now and again, so aim to wear flats at least a few times a week. Also take the time to go through your shoe cupboard and throw out any shoes that have excess wear and tear, especially on the soles. The more worn down your shoes are, the more it affects the way you walk.
Finally, if you take care of them and give them the attention they need, your feet will look good and keep on carrying you through life without aches and pains!