Lean meat, such as chicken and turkey are healthy options – especially if they’re grilled either on the braai or under the oven grill.
- 2 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme
- ½ tablespoon minced rosemary
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper in a casserole dish.
- Add chicken breasts and coat both sides in the marinade. Leave for 10 minutes for the flavours to develop.
- Grill the chicken breasts either on the braai or under the oven grill for about 5 minutes each side or until the chicken is fully cooked.