A clean healthy diet is important, but satisfying your sweet tooth every now and then doesn’t hurt Moana Movies.
Let’s healthify your desserts!
Raspberry coconut chia jam slice
- ⅓ cup honey.
- 4 tbsps chia seeds.
- Coconut base.
- 1 cup rolled oats.
- 1 cup desiccated coconut.
- 1 cup flaked almonds.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, chopped and melted.
- 10 fresh dates, pitted.
- ¼ cup cocoa powder.
- ¼ cup water.
- 200g 70% dark chocolate, chopped.
- 2 tsps melted coconut oil.
- Preheat the oven to 160 ºC.
- Line a 20x30cm cake tin.
- To make the chia jam, mix the raspberries and honey in a saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and add the chia seeds. Set aside.
- Make the base by combining all the ingredients in a food processor. Process until the mixture comes together. Press into the lined baking tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Spread the chia jam over the base.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring every 10 seconds.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the jam and allow to set. Slice into bars to serve.
Peanut butter pumpkin “fudge”
- 2 cups nut butter.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree.
- ½ cup coconut oil.
- ¼ cup maple syrup.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice, or ¼ tsp cinnamon and ¼ tsp nutmeg.
- ¼ tsp flaky sea salt, plus a bit more for garnish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the nut butter, pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture onto a parchment paper-lined 20x20cm baking dish and smooth out evenly.
- Sprinkle with sea salt for garnish (optional), cover and freeze for a few hours, and then put it into the fridge for storage.
- Cut into squares. Serve chilled.