Who doesn’t enjoy comforting burgers, fried chicken or loaded fries when just the thought of cooking is exhausting 애플 음악 다운로드? We feel your pain!
But as the saying goes, “a moment on the lips, forever on the hips”.
Besides the extra kilos, fast-food also wreaks havoc on your health. Takeaways from your favourite takeaway joints are often loaded with hidden sugars, salt and unhealthy fats, that all take a toll on your health.
Here’s a good solution: swap it, don’t stop it! The good news is, you don’t completely have to give up your favourite treats. Swapping out fast-food favourites for meals you can make at home is a much healthier (and cheaper) option.
Here are a few healthy swaps for your favourite takeaways and how you can make meals healthier in general.
Instead of fried chicken: Oven baked crumbed chicken strips
- ½ kg skinless chicken strips
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1½ cups whole wheat breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp cocunut oil
- Preheat oven to 190 °C.
- Melt the butter, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bread crumbs, ground flaxseed and seasonings.
- Gently coat each chicken strip in the melted butter, then dip in the bread crumbs, then set aside on a greased baking sheet or pan.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil and lightly crisp the outer coating of the chicken, flipping after 20 seconds.
- Place back on greased baking sheet and repeat until all chicken has been coated. You will need to add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet to complete.
- Placed chicken in the oven and bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately
Instead of takeaway pizza: Homemade barbeque chicken pizza
- 1 thin pizza base
- ¾ cup tomato chutney
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 2/3 cup diced plum tomato
- ¾ cup of shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup of chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 230 °C.
- Place crust on a baking sheet. Bake at 230°C for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and spread chutney over crust, leaving a border.
- Add the chicken and top with the diced tomato, cheese, and green onions.
- Bake at 230°C for 9 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut the pizza into 6 wedges.
Instead of a cheeseburger: Mushroom beef burger
- ½ cup of white vinegar
- 1 tbsp of fresh, chopped dill
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into thick slices
- Burger patties
- Half cup of stemmed, white button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 cup of lean ground sirloin
- Cooking spray
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp unsalted tomato sauce
- 1 tsp mustard
- 4 whole-wheat burger rolls, toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 thick slices of tomato
- Combine vinegar, dill, salt, and cucumber in a large zip-top plastic bag or jar; seal.
- Turn bag until ingredients are well combined. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, turning bag or shaking jar occasionally.
- Place mushrooms in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and coat with oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to pan; cook 7 to 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat; cool mushroom mixture completely.
- Place beef in a bowl. Add mushroom mixture to beef and stir just until combined. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Shape beef mixture into 4 patties.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Combine mayonnaise, tomato sauce and mustard in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over bottom and top halves of buns.
- Place 4 pickles slices on bottom half of each bun (reserve remaining pickles for another use).
- Top evenly with patties, lettuce, tomato, onion, and top halves of the rolls.