We often start thinking about our health when we fall sick, yet we should take care of this on a daily basis 프렌즈 다운로드. One way to achieve this is to choose what we eat wisely, in order to boost your immune system. A strong immune system keeps us healthy, protects and fights against infection, and helps our body recover when we fall ill. In their daily diet, one should include foods high in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre. Seasonal fresh fruit, berries and veggies are packed with these vital ingredients and should form an important part of your healthy way of eating. So enjoy a range of colours on your plate and as many fresh ingredients in their raw form as possible.
A great way to enjoy fresh fruit and raw vegetables is in fresh smoothies – try this healthy and delicious smoothie recipe and let us know what you think!
- 100 g blueberries
- 1 large mango, peeled and cubed
- 2-3 peaches or nectarines, cubed with the skin on
- ¼ pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 60 ml (¼ cup) ground almonds
- Ice cubes to serve
- A handful of fresh mint leaves and extra blueberries to serve
- Place fruit in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add almonds and blend for a few more minutes.
- Place ice in tall glasses and pour smoothie into each glass. Thin down with a little water, if preferred (or see tip). Garnish with mint and a few extra berries.
- Use seasonal fruit like papaya, strawberries or apples. Alternatively make a smoothie with veggies like beetroot, cucumber, baby marrow and carrots. Even fruit and veggies combined are delicious.
- If the smoothie is too thick to your taste, thin it down with a little cold rooibos tea, water, yoghurt, ice or fruit juice.
( Serves 4)
Recipe: Food Consultant, Heleen Meyer