It can happen to the most organised person – someone’s bringing an extra guest to lunch on Christmas day, or a long-lost relative has decided to surprise you – and you don’t want them to be the only one without a gift! Or you’ve just been too busy to finish your shopping. Whatever the reason, here are some hacks to help you.
Keep it simple!
- Buy a pack of good quality tea or coffee, add some cinnamon sticks or put it into a fabulous mug and wrap!
- For music lovers: Buy an iTunes voucher or, if they’re very special, a ticket to a concert they’d love to go to!
- A book or music store voucher may not be imaginative or personal, but they’re always welcome.
- If your guest loves gardening, then a lovely indoor plant or tray of herb seedlings will do the trick. Tie a ribbon around the pot, and you’re done!
- Food lovers will be more than happy with a quality bottle of olive or sesame oil; a good bottle of wine, a bottle of vanilla pods or some top-end chocolate.
- If your guest is into gaming, don’t try to choose something on the fly – rather go for a voucher from their favourite game store.
- Is your guest into baking? Silicone coated baking pans, silicone baking mats and any other novel baking tools will always be appreciated.
- For children, a toy-store voucher or a basket with some bath-bombs and small toys is a hit!
That covers pretty much anyone – grab those last few gifts, and get wrapping!