CONSUMER GUIDE: FOR USERS OF HELLO DOCTOR THROUGH A THIRD PARTY BENEFIT PROGRAMME
ACCESS TO HELLO DOCTOR
You can now access and subscribe to Hello Doctor for free as a result of a Third Party Benefit Programme that you may belong to (e.g. a medical scheme, a plan, benefit, royalty scheme or the like).
*Current Third Party Benefit Programmes that apply are listed below. These Third Party Benefit Programmes offer Hello Doctor as a value added benefit at no cost to you:
- Momentum Medical Scheme,
- Momentum Health4Me,
- Momentum Myriad,
- Momentum Funds at Work,
- Metropolitan Retail,
- Metropolitan Health Group,
- Metropolitan Health Lesotho,
- Wooltru Healthcare,
- Moto Health Care,
- Imperial Motus Med,
- PG Group Medical Scheme,
- Fishmed Medical Scheme,
- Transmed Medical Fund,
- Sasolmed Medical Scheme,
- Thebemed Medical Aid Scheme,
- MediMed Medical Aid Scheme,
- Sisonke Health Medical Scheme,
- Suremed Health Medical Aid Scheme.
*Last updated January 2022
THE HELLO DOCTOR SERVICES
Hello Doctor provides you with an opportunity to discuss all your health related questions with a registered health practitioner and includes:
- Text / Chat to a Doctor, which entitles a User to private and confidential one-on-one health text messages to and from an attending doctor;
- Talk to a Doctor, which entitles a User to direct telephonic access to an attending doctor anytime, anywhere, by logging a request for the next available health practitioner to contact a User;
- Telehealth, which allows a User access to remote consultations with a doctor using telephonic or virtual platforms of consultations.
THE HELLO DOCTOR PLATFORMS
A subscriber can access a doctor using one of the following Hello Doctor platforms:
Search for “Hello Doctor” in your mobile phone’s App Store and download the app.
- You can sign in using your access details and request a callback or send a text message to a doctor.
- Dial *120*1019# for all subscribers
- Dial *120*394*120# if you are a Momentum Health4Me member
- Dial this number from your mobile phone, follow the menu prompts and request a call back from a doctor.
- You can login to your personal profile on the Hello Doctor website using your access details and request a call back, or simply just send a message to a doctor on the “text a doctor” page through the website.
LENGTH OF SUBSCRIPTION
Access to your Hello Doctor subscription will be ongoing provided that:
- Your relationship with the Third Party Benefit Programme, who is providing you with the Hello Doctor subscription, continues.
- Hello Doctor’s agreement with your Third Party Benefit Programme continues and is not terminated for whatsoever reason.
COMMUNICATION FROM HELLO DOCTOR
Hello Doctor will be communicating to you through either email and/or SMS notifications provided that you have not informed Hello Doctor that you do not want any communications and provided that your Third Party Benefit Programme has your contact details.
If you don’t wish to receive communication from Hello Doctor and don’t wish to receive communication relating to your access details, you can inform Hello Doctor by sending an email to [email protected] or clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email we send you. You can also reply “STOP” to a SMS to opt out.
In the event that the Third Party Benefit Programme providing the Hello Doctor subscription to you does not have your email or SMS contact details, then please contact them directly to update these details in order to receive your Hello Doctor access details to enjoy the benefits of the Hello Doctor Services.
All medical information that is recorded or provided as a result of an interaction between a doctor and yourself will be kept strictly confidential and only accessible by the relevant doctor. Please be aware that all posts to Hello Doctor social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.), are not treated as confidential due to the nature of these open forums.
RISK, WARRANTY, LIABILITY & INDEMNITY
There is no warranty to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy or completeness of the services provided.
Hello Doctor and the attending doctor do not make a warranty as to the content of any information and/or response provided to you. In addition, Hello Doctor does not guarantee that a conversation with a doctor via the telephone and/or text message is the appropriate course of action for your particular health care problem.
Hello Doctor and the attending doctor shall not be liable for any damages of any nature, including personal injury, wrongful death or loss of use, as a result of you using the services and/or the inability to use the services.
It must be noted that our Standard Terms and Conditions and Terms & Conditions of Use of the Subscription Services, provided online, apply at all times and that this document does not replace them.
This document merely serves to highlight a few aspects of the Hello Doctor Services available to you.