Have you recently bought Viennas, Polony, Frankfurters or ANY processed meat windows 10 업그레이드 도우미 다운로드? Get rid of it immediately, or return it to the shop where you purchased it. 180 people have already died from Listeriosis contaminated meats produced by Enterprise foods and Rainbow chicken.
- Any processed meat from Enterprise Foods and Rainbow Chicken could be contaminated with Listeriosis.
- If you bought any processed meats from shops like Checkers, Woolworths or Pick n Pay, make sure you return the meat to the shop, or dispose of it ASAP.
- 948 people have been infected, and 180 people have died from Listeriosis infection.
- Pregnant women, elderly, babies and immune compromised are most at risk.
- If you are suffering from diarrhoea or vomiting after eating processed meat, get it checked out as it could be Listeria.
How do you avoid getting infected?
Get rid of any meat products from Enterprise or Rainbow chicken. There is no way to know which meats are contaminated: even if it smells and looks normal.
- Make sure you place the meat in a separate bag.
- Wash your hands and the fridge with warm, soapy water after handling the meat.
- According to authorities, you could return the meat to the store where it was purchased for a refund.
If you bought ANY of these products from Woolworths, you can return them to the store for a full refund:
Waferthin Chargrilled Ham 125G
Waferthin Roasted Chicken 125G
Waferthin Smoked Ham 125G
Wafterthin Cooked Ham 125G
Waferthin Smoked Chicken 125G
500G Smoked Viennas
1KG Smoked Viennas
500G Red Viennas
1KG Red Viennas
375g Cocktail Viennas
125G Smoked Cheesy Viennas
400G Bulk Salami Stikcs
150G Salami Sticks
85G Plain Salami Sticks
85G Spicy Salami Sticks
60G Plain Salami Bites
150G Spicy Salami Sticks
85G Coriander Salami
60G Spicy Salami Bites
250G Smoked and Roasted Gammon
Sliced Lean Ham 125G
Sliced Cooked Ham 250G
Sliced Cooked Ham 125G
250G Ham Selection
250G Assorted Cold Meat
200G Sliced Salami
100G German Salami
100G Sliced Peppered Salami
100G Spicy Salami
125G Country Ham
What is Listeriosis?
Listeriosis is caused by Listeria monocytogenes, a bacterium that causes food poisoning. The infection is especially dangerous for pregnant women, babies, the elderly and immune compromised.
What are the symptoms?
If you’ve been infected by Listeria, you could have the following symptoms:
- muscle aches
If the infection spreads to the brain and nervous system, you may have some, or all of the following symptoms:
- stiff neck
- loss of balance
How is it treated?
Generally, healthy people can fight the infection on their own, and symptoms usually pass within a few weeks. You are at higher risk if you are pregnant or immune compromised.
For adequate treatment, doctors will prescribe antibiotics, along with fluids and medication for pain and fever.
If in doubt, get checked by your doctor.
Tips to stay safe in future:
- Always wash your hands before and after you prepared food, and especially after touching raw meat, fish or poultry.
- Always wash your hands after you’ve been to the toilet.
- Always check sell-by and expiry dates. Only buy the freshest foods.
- Don’t eat foods that are passed their expiry date.
- Trust your nose! Don’t eat foods that have a suspicious smell.
- Don’t eat anything from a can that is bulging or dented.
- Wash fruit and veggies before eating or cooking.
- Use different cutting boards for vegetables and meat.
- If any utensils touch raw meat, fish or chicken, don’t reuse it: first wash with soap and hot water.
- Use hot, soapy water when cleaning any cooking utensils.
- Under-cooked meat, poultry, and shellfish can be very dangerous. Always make sure it’s cooked properly.
- Never place food on tables ahead of time. Always take food out of the fridge just before serving.