Pumpkin is a great food to eat more of if you’re trying to lose weight – plus it tastes and looks great no matter how you prepare it No one knows what to download.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups fat-free, low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 425g fresh pumpkin, cubed
- 1 425g can evaporated fat-free milk
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Stir in curry powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and pumpkin cubes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is cooked through.
- Add evaporated fat-free milk and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth.