For your teen, it’s a big, big deal – the end of a 12-year stint in school Download Adobe 2017 cc! For parents, it’s a big deal too – matric dances don’t come cheap and watching your child’s first major rite of passage is an emotional business. Here are some ways to make sure it’s a good memory for everyone.
Matric dance after parties can be a murky business, so put these plans in place to help everyone relax:
- You already know what the evening looks like, but ask them to let you know if anything changes.
- Make sure all cell-phones are charged and that everyone has one with them.
- Don’t drive the kids crazy with texts, but ask that they text you when they move from one venue to another.
- Make sure that lifts to and from the various venues are sorted out and confirmed. Let kids know to contact you if any of their lifts don’t arrive.
- Make sure that your teen has enough money in case of any emergency.
- Don’t forget to have “the talk” about being responsible – drinking, drugs and safe sex.
- Suggest that daughters pack some flats or comfortable wedges for the after-party – those stiletto spikes can really hurt after 6 hours!
Are you ready? Now, put on a brave face, and you’ll be sure to have some fabulous pics, and share memorable moments. You’ve done well, mom & dad – getting them this far in life.