Is your baby restless, irritable and pulling at her ear 애플 자동 다운로드? She’s more than likely suffering from an ear infection – a common complaint in young children between the ages of 6 and 18 months.
What are the symptoms of an ear infection?
Signs that your child might have an ear infection include:
- a high temperature (38°C or above)
- pulling, tugging, or rubbing their ear
- lack of appetite
- restlessness at night
- a runny nose
- loss of balance
What causes an ear infection?
Most cases of otitis media, a type of middle ear infection which is common in young children, are caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Often an infection of the sinuses, throat, airways or lungs – such as the cold or flu – can spread into the middle ear. This part of the ear is much smaller in young children, which makes them especially vulnerable to this condition.
When to see your doctor
Most ear infections clear up quickly, so it’s not always necessary to see your doctor, unless they’re experiencing any of the following:
- Your child seems to be in a lot of pain
- The symptoms haven’t improved at all after 24 hours
- You notice fluid coming from the ear
- Your child has a medical condition that makes him or her more vulnerable to the effects of infection