This grain-and-sugar-free granola makes the perfect substitute for muesli. Serve it with fruit and yoghurt.
- 100g walnuts
- 100g hazelnuts
- 100g almond flakes
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 45ml (3T) coconut oil
- 10ml (2t) ground cinnamon
- 10ml (2t) ground ginger
- 2ml (1/2t) ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 160 ⁰C
- Chop the walnuts and hazelnuts roughly, and mix with the almond flakes and seeds.
- In a large pan, heat the coconut oil and fry the spices gently. Then add the nuts and seeds, and toast briefly.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Tip onto paper towels and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
(Make 12-15 portions/servings)
Source: You Magazine Low-Carb on a Budget insert – Tim Noakes recipes developed by Jonno Proudfoot and David Grier