There’s a myth that it’s too expensive to eat healthy food windows 10 업그레이드 도우미 다운로드. The truth is, eating “cheap” food lands up costing you more in the long run. Think of it this way, you can save a little bit of money by buying junkfood now, but it may cost you more later on doctor and hospital bills. Pap, polony and mix-on cooldrink may save you money, but it’s low in nutrients and not great for your health. That is ultimately why we eat – to get in nutrients, not just to feel full.
Here’s a healthy meal that’s perfect for Sunday Lunch, plus it’s cheap and easy to prepare.
Minute steaks with roasted garlic cream and beetroot orange salad
Ingredients for the meat
- Minute steaks – one for each member of the family
- 50ml olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 250ml cream
- Salt and pepper
For the Salad
- 30g Rocket
- 2 oranges
- 1 packet of ready to eat beetroot
- 50g feta cheese
For the salad dressing
- Juice of 2 oranges (or naartjies)
- 50ml olive oil
- 25ml dark vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grill the minute steaks until cooked or pan-fry them in a little bit of oil
- In a small pot add the peeled garlic and olive oil.
- Cook the garlic until brown on all sides.
- Add the cream to the garlic and let it simmer on a low- medium heat.
- Whisk the cream occasionally and prevent it from boiling.
- Once the cream has reduced to half, remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper
- Pour the cream sauce over the steaks just before serving.
- Layer the rocket on a plate.
- Peel and cut the oranges into circles and place them over the rocket.
- Add the beetroot and crumble the feta over the salad.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad before serving.
Adapted recipe from Your Best Life by Dr Michael Mol and John Berry