Looking for a cholesterol-busting, heart healthy meal? Try out this red wine chicken and garlic recipe! The olive oil and red wine contains a potent mix of antioxidants that helps lower your “bad” (LDL) cholesterol but leaving your “good” (HDL) cholesterol untouched. Here’s how to make it:
- 125g angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g chicken breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¾ cup thinly sliced onions
- ½ cup dry red wine
- ½ cup orange juice
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan and brown the chicken, garlic and onions for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add the wine and orange juice and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is simmering, cook the pasta according to the package instructions and drain.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the pasta.