One of the biggest surprises for anyone following a gluten-free diet is just how many products actually contain wheat and gluten korail 2007 body. No, not the usual bread and pastry culprits, we’re talking about salad dressings, certain soy sauces, most pre-made meals, and many cured meats. This is why it’s so important to read the ingredient labels on everything you buy – except for this roasted lemon chicken, which is totally gluten-free.
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 whole chicken – thawed
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- Combine the Italian seasoning, seasoning salt, mustard powder, garlic powder and black pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove the giblets, rinse the chicken and place in an oven baking dish that has been lightly oiled to prevent sticking. Sprinkle 1.5 teaspoons of the spice mixture inside the chicken and rub the remaining mixture on the outside of the chicken.
- Squeeze the juice of the 2 lemons into a small bowl or cup, and mix with the olive oil. Drizzle the mixture over the chicken.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 90 minutes, or until juices run clear, basting several times with the remaining oil mixture.
- Serve with gluten-free rice and fresh vegetables.