This basic mince sauce can be used in many ways and is perfect for a mid-week meal 123d 디자인.
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sunflower oil
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk with leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) each dried thyme and mixed herbs
- 1 x 410 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chutney
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- lemon juice and black pepper to taste
- 300 g spaghetti
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a frying pan and fry mince until browned. Spoon out and drain excess fat.
- Heat another 1 teaspoon of the oil in the same pan and fry onion, celery, garlic and green pepper for a few minutes until softened.
- Add carrots, herbs, tomatoes, tomato paste, chutney and ½ teaspoon salt with meat. Reduce heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Season well with lemon juice and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add pasta and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Cook until tender and drain well. Stir in the remaining 1 teaspoon oil.
- Serve warm pasta with spaghetti sauce.
- To bulk up the mince, add cubes of butternut or eggplant with the carrots, or stir in a tin of baked beans in tomato sauce.