Kick off those blankets and don’t even think of hitting the snooze button Moana Movies! Get your day started on a high with a bout of exercise.
Doing any workout will jump-start your mornings. It’s also helpful to work out first thing and tick the task off your list, allowing you to coast through the rest of the day. Some studies point out that exercising in the morning allows for a clearer focus on the day ahead. Exercising boosts endorphins and other mood-elevating substances which help lift your spirits. Exercising early in the morning also regulates your appetite for the rest of the day.
Before working out in the morning, make sure you warm up!
More benefits to sticking to a morning routine include:
- Good for your heart rate. Exercise helps lower your risk of heart diseases, lower your cholesterol level, and minimise high blood pressure.
- Manage your weight. Maintains your bone mass, stamina and improves the quality of your health and longevity.
- Increases mental sharpness. Stress levels are lower and you have more energy.
- Better sleep. The body is triggered to produce cortisol, a hormone that keeps you alert when you exercise; this also helps you get through the day and experience deep sleep later in the night.
- Good diet. Enhances your metabolism.
Exercise also regulates your blood pressure and controls blood flow to the muscles.
Pick a realistic time, preferably an hour or two before your day begins. Make sure you’ve had a decent night of sleep. Start with as many reps of the following. Get a good sweat from them! You can try these at home.
- Take a walk or jog.
- Jumping jacks.
- Squat jumps.
- Jumping lunges.
Exercising in the afternoon has its perks too. Your muscle strength and the rate at which they can repair themselves is at its peak. Your body is warmer and more flexible. On the flip-side, the gym may be too busy in the afternoon and you could find yourself distracted and impatient. By the time your workout session is over, you may feel more energised, making it hard to fall asleep. In this case, exercising is better in the morning. You’ve completed your healthy deed for the day!