What better way to celebrate the holiday season than to take a well-deserved trip. It’s time for work and stress to take a backseat, right? Most of the time, this is easier said than done.
“I’m afraid there is no record of your booking.” Does this sound familiar? Stress can affect you mentally and physically – the last thing that you need during the holiday season – and so, here’re some tips to make sure you enjoy your much-needed break – stress-free!
- Plan early: Last-minute decisions made out of desperation are never a good idea! You’ll more than likely find that your dream destination is completely booked up.
- Pack ahead of time: We’ve all been there: running around the house, looking for important items we want to pack, 30 minutes before you need to leave. The chances are that you’ll forget an important document or item
- Keep all your documents organised: Whether you’re driving or flying, make sure you keep all your essential documents organised in a file. They’ll be much easier to access when you get to your destination.
- Pack some snacks: There’s nothing worse than feeling that hunger and thirst bug hit without a convenience store or stewardess in sight. Make sure you pack energy and protein-rich foods because these will keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- Got kids? Pack something new and exciting: So, you’re on the road or in the air and you hear that all too familiar phrase: “I’m bored!”. Buy a new toy or gadget for your kid(s). It will keep them occupied and allow you to start feeling the stress melt away.
- Travel in comfortable clothes: You’re going to be sitting for a long time and there’s nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable for the whole time. You don’t need to impress anyone – in this case, tracksuit pants/shorts and a T-shirt a sure-fire winners.
Follow these tips and you can be certain that your holiday will provide you with the break that you need. The Hello Doctor team wishes you all safe travels.