So, you have the family coming over for brunch, and you suddenly remember that aunty Ruth has decided to become a vegetarian!
Don’t worry, the majority of us have an “aunty Ruth” in the family. Here is a fantastic recipe for a healthy, delicious frittata that will put a smile on her face. And best of all, it’s easy to make and the ingredients won’t cost you a fortune.
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 30 min
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 500g potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 120g spinach, washed
- 45ml olive oil
- 3 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 100g Parmesan, freshly grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the chicken stock in a large frying pan and cook the potatoes until the chicken stock has almost evaporated.
- Pour in the oil, onion, celery and toss to combine the three ingredients. Cover with your frying pan lid and leave to cook until the onion and celery are slightly soft.
- Add the spinach and stir until the leaves are drooping.
- Preheat the grill to a hot temperature.
- Pour in the eggs, season and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Cook the eggs until they are almost set.
- Place under the grill and wait until the frittata has puffed up and the cheese is golden.
Recipe reprinted with permission of Potato SA.