Owning a pet can do more than just make you happy, they increase the likelihood of you exercising, engaging in outdoor activities and socialising 스케치업 2019 한글 다운로드. In addition, being a pet owner can help manage loneliness and depression by giving you companionship, as well as having something to talk about with fellow pet owners.
How do pets affect your health?
According to the American Heart Association, pet ownership is an important form of social support that can benefit patients with heart disease or stroke. For example:
- Dog owners are 31% less likely to die from a heart attack or stroke than non-dog owners.
- People with cardiovascular problems who had a dog living at home had a 65% reduced risk of death.
- Dog owners who walk their dogs regularly face a 33% lower risk of diabetes than those who don’t own a dog.
- Dog parents are more likely to reach their fitness goals than those without canine companions.
- They can catch cancer early: several pet owners have reported that their dog saved their lives after they noticed they were constantly touching at, sniffing or even licking a tumour hidden underneath the skin.
- Research at the University of California at Davis concluded that Alzheimer’s patients suffer less stress and have fewer anxious outbursts if there’s a dog or cat in the home.
Regular walking or playing with pets can decrease blood pressure, cholesterol levels, triglyceride levels and feelings of loneliness.
It was found that having a pet in the home could improve immunity and decrease a child’s likelihood of developing allergies (related to their home) by 33%. It’s believed that the dander in pet hair might serve as a natural form of immunotherapy for babies and children
Keep your pet healthy
Pets can sometimes carry harmful germs that can make you sick even when they appear healthy. Whether you have a dog, cat, horse, or any other pet, be sure to look for a veterinarian for your furry one.
By keeping your pet healthy, you’re also keeping yourself and your family healthy. Regular veterinary visits are essential to good pet health. Provide your pet with a good diet, fresh water, clean bedding, and regular exercise. Keep up with your pet’s vaccines, deworming, and flea and tick control. Some pets can carry ticks that can spread serious diseases to people.
Contact your veterinarian if you have any questions about your pet’s health or if you think your pet may be sick.