Looking for a tasty vegetarian meal for supper? Try this! Roasted peppers are great as a main meal or as a side meal with fish or salad.
- 2 large red peppers, halved and de-seeded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread (or rye bread)
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 green chilli de-seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons of capers
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- 1-2 handfuls of baby spinach
- Drizzle red peppers with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and roast for around 15-20 minutes at 200 degrees.
- While you wait for the peppers, lightly toast the bread and blitz into chunky crumbs in a food processor. In a bowl, mix the bread crumbs with the pine nuts, parmesan, chilli, capers, parsley and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Set aside the bowl while you blanch the spinach leaves in boiling water for a few seconds.
- Squeeze as much of the liquid out the spinach as you can, and divide it between the peppers. Top with the bread crumb mixture and bake again for 15 minutes.