When you think of Kauai, you think of delicious island-style food and freshly-pressed juice combinations – all the taste without anything that sticks to your hips or taxes your health Spring high capacity Excel download.
Well, now you can take some of it home! Put together these delectable dishes in your own kitchen with Your Best Life.
Dr Michael Mol of Hello Doctor and John Berry of Kauai Health Foods have put together a beautiful collection of recipes and health tips that combine fresh ingredients, time-saving methods, fabulous taste and vital health information. There’s plenty for everyone, no matter what your eating plan:
- low-carb high-fat
And for diners who aren’t on any eating plan? Everything’s delicious, so you’ll be eating healthy food without even knowing it.
Your Best Life Brunch
Here is a breakfast option that tastes fantastic and will keep you full for most of the day. Have these for brunch and you could get all the way to dinner before feeling hungry again! Include some sliced fresh fruit with Greek yoghurt and freshly-squeezed juice – what a way to start the weekend!
Egg and bacon tarts with pesto mushrooms
(serves 6, so do everything twice for 12!)
- Half a cup of cleaned and chunky-chopped (not sliced) mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of pesto
- 100ml cream
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 30g crumbled feta cheese
- 12 sliced of trimmed back bacon
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 180 ͦ C
- Sautè the mushrooms with 1 tablespoon of butter on high heat until browned.
- Stir in the pesto into the mushrooms once they’re browned, then taste, season and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, cream and cheese together in a mixing bowl.
- Line a six-hole muffin tin with a little butter, then with the slices of back bacon.
- Divide the mushrooms between the tins and pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set and golden brown.
Images: Cum Books