Root vegetables and broccoli are especially good for diabetes. The blue cheese in this recipe gives it added flavour to tantalise your taste buds.
• 2 smoked chicken breasts
• 1 head of broccoli
• ½ a can of whole kernel corn
• ½ a wedge of blue cheese
• Blue cheese salad dressing
• Course black pepper to taste
1. Chop the raw broccoli into small florets.
2. Cut the smoked chicken into walnut sized cubes and add to the broccoli.
3. Add the corn and fine chopped blue cheese to broccoli and chicken, tossing well to combine, and sprinkle with course black pepper to taste.
4. Drizzle with blue cheese salad dressing. Serves 4.