For the oatmeal
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 ¼ cups purified water
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- Pinch sea salt
For the raspberry compote
- 2 cups frozen raspberries (or any other berries you like)
- 1 orange, juice only
- ½ cup purified water
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp yoghurt (for a vegan option, use soy or coconut yoghurt)
- Seeds from ½ pomegranate
- 2 tsp nut butter of choice
- Crushed pistachio and/or walnuts
- 4 dried apricots, diced
- The night before, mix the oats, salt and cinnamon into a pot, add water, mix, cover and let it sit overnight knowledge channele.
- In the morning place the pot over medium heat and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then divide into serving bowls. If needed, you can add more water to get the desired consistency.
- In a medium pot add the frozen raspberries, water, ginger and orange juice and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes, mix and evenly divide on top of the oatmeal bowls.
- Add the other toppings and serve warm.
Happy belly porridge
- ¼ cup dry rolled oats
- 1½ tbsp of chia/flaxseed mixture (½ and ½)
- ½ tsp ground cardamom or cinnamon (or both)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup nut milk (or water)
- ¼ cup plain low-fat yoghurt
- ¼ cup plain low-fat kefir
- ½ cup blueberries
- Drizzle of organic maple syrup (optional)
- In a small saucepan, add oats, chia/flaxseed mixture, cardamom, and a pinch of sea salt. Add water and cook over medium heat, stir often. Allow the mixture to become gelatinous, as the chia seeds soak up the water. Add nut milk and cook to desired consistency. Stir to keep mixture from sticking to the bottom.
- Remove from heat when done.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and top with yoghurt and kefir. Heat blueberries in a glass bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute and pour on top. Drizzle with maple syrup if desired: not too much, though!
Banana ginger oats
- 1 small/medium ripe banana
- ½ cup whole rolled oats
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Break the banana into pieces and place in a small pot with oats and milk. Bring to a simmer and cook until the milk is absorbed and the oats is thickening.
- Reduce to low heat and as you stir, mash the bananas up until they’re well combined. Add cinnamon, ginger and vanilla and cook until oatmeal is thick. Serve hot and garnish with coconut or chopped nuts.